- 2. U.S. Governing Law; Safe Harbor.
- 3. Collection and Use of Personal Information and Other Information.
- 4. Opting-Out of Certain Uses of Information Collected by Tracking Technologies.
- 5. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information.
- 6. Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Certain Information.
- 7. Protection of Information.
- 9. Miscellaneous.
2. U.S. Governing Law; Safe Harbor.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information and Other Information.
When we use the term "Personal Information" we mean information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number. When we use the term "Other Information", we mean any information other than Personal Information that may be collected about you (Personal Information and Other Information, together, the "Information").
a. Information We Collect that You Provide Us.
i. User Registration. To the extent we offer user registration on the Site, to register as a member of the Site, you are required to select a user name and password (together, your "User ID") and may also be required to provide other Information, such as your email address and date of birth. Additional Information may be requested during the registration process (but not required).
ii. In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. We may also provide you with access to certain features or functions that we may offer on the Site, such as message boards. To sign up for or participate in these features or functions, you may be required to provide us with certain Information about you in order for us to personalize and/or allow you to use such features and functions.
"Cookies" (which may be html files, Flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences and activity. . "Web beacons" (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small pieces of code used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. The Site and/or third parties may use "cookies", "web beacons" and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies") to collect Other Information automatically as you browse the Site and the web.
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your use of the Site through these Tracking Technologies.
We use Tracking Technologies to help tailor our content, allow users to move between associated sites without logging into each site, understand Site and internet usage, improve or customize the content, offerings or advertisements on this Site, personalize your experience on this Site (for example, to recognize you by name when you return to the Site), understand your interactions with email messages (such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded), save your password in password-protected areas, save your online game or video player settings, enable you to use shopping carts on the Site, help us offer you products, programs or services that may be of interest to you, deliver relevant advertising, maintain and administer the Site and for other purposes described in the "Use of Information", Other Information Collected by Us. These Tracking Technologies collect "click stream" data and additional Other Information regarding your visits to the Site (such as your visits to the Site's webpages, use of our features and purchasing history or preferences), may collect such Other Information across multiple sessions on this Site and other websites offered by Affiliates and may also collect your IP address or some other identifier unique to the Device you use to access the Site ("Identifier"). An Identifier is automatically assigned to any Device you use to access the Site. Your Personal Information is not collected as part of this process but we may associate Other Information collected by Tracking Technologies with Personal Information.
This Site may additionally use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, "Third Party Advertising Service Providers") to, for example, serve advertisements on the Site, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on the Site ("Targeting Services"). These Third Party Advertising Service Providers may enable us to display advertisements based on your visits to the Site and other websites you have visited. Targeting Services enable us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to you for products and services that you might be interested in, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
These Third Party Advertising Service Providers do not have access to Tracking Technologies set by the Site except to the extent necessary to provide services to the Site. The Third Party Advertising Service Providers and other third parties may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device if you choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in your browser (or, for Flash cookies, if you have not removed them) and/or they may otherwise collect or have access to Information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site.
c. Use of Information.
- Processing your registration with the Site, such as verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid, Contacting you regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use,
- Allowing you to participate in the public areas and/or other features of the Site,
- Responding to your questions or other requests,
- Contacting you regarding your use of the Site, for informational purposes related to the Site or, in our discretion, regarding changes to the Site's policies,
- Improving the Site or our services and for internal business purposes,
- Saving your password or other Personal Information, so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site,
- Otherwise to maintain and administer the Site and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information or Other Information.
ii. Other Information Collected By Us. We, and/or Affiliates, use the Other Information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including:
- Keeping count of your return visits to the Site or our Affiliates' or partners' sites;
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site and user activity;
- Determining which features, webpages, products and services users like best to, among other things, help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services and the Site and display advertising and marketing information;
- Preparing statistics reports;
- Allowing you to participate in the public areas and/or other features of the Site;
- Improving the Site or our services and for internal business purposes;
- Tailoring your experience on the Site and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit the Site;
- Saving certain Other Information for use on your return visits to the Site;
- Otherwise to maintain and administer the Site;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the Other Information.
4. Opting-Out of Certain Uses of Information Collected by Tracking Technologies.
a. Tracking Technologies Set By Third Party Advertising Service Providers. With respect to the Tracking Technologies set by Third Party Advertising Service Providers, you have a number of options:
Third Party Advertising Service Providers may collect Other Information about you when you visit this Site to help identify products and services that may interest you and deliver advertising tailored to your interests.
You can opt-out of the use of Other Information for these advertising purposes by Third Party Advertising Service Provider Adobe AudienceManager (formerly known as Demdex) by using its opt-out tool, available at http://www.donottarget.com/, or as described in the next bullet point.
We also may from time to time permit other Third Party Advertising Service Providers to collect Other Information on the Site. Some of these Third Party Advertising Service Providers may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative's Opt-Out Tool and/or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. Please click on the links to these tools to learn more about your choices.
Please note the following with respect to opting out:
- The opt-out tools discussed above are "cookie based." This means that the tools rely on cookies to remember your choices with respect to the use of your information by the parties that offer you those choices. If you delete Tracking Technologies using the controls in your Web browser (a process described below) after opting out, you may have to opt out again to re-establish your opt-out preferences.
- Opt-outs are "browser-specific." The opt-out preferences that you choose will apply only to the Web browser that you used when you selected these preferences. This means, for example, that if you opt-out while using Internet Explorer 9, this choice will not affect the use of Other Information collected by Tracking Technologies when you use Mozilla Firefox on the same Device. It also means that opting-out on one Device will not affect the use of Other Information by Tracking Technologies on other Devices that you may use to access the Site.
- Delete existing Tracking Technologies through the "Internet Options" sub-option of the "Tools" menu option of your browser or otherwise as directed by your browser's support feature; and
- Disable future Tracking Technologies through the same browser controls. Additional information on enabling or disabling most Tracking Technologies may be available through your browser's support feature. (See the "help" section of your browser for more information.)
Opting-out of, deleting, rejecting, disabling or turning off Third Party Advertising Service Providers' Tracking Technologies does not mean that you will no longer receive online ads (if any ads are on the Site). Opting-out of, deleting, rejecting, disabling or turning off Third Party Advertising Service Providers' Tracking Technologies only means that such ads will no longer be tailored to your specific viewing habits or interests, but you will continue to see ads (if any) on this Site.
Disable future Tracking Technologies through the same browser controls. Additional information on enabling or disabling most Tracking Technologies may be available through your browser's support feature. (See the "help" section of your browser for more information.)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE USE AND STORAGE OF FLASH COOKIES TYPICALLY CANNOT BE CONTROLLED THROUGH YOUR BROWSER. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO MANAGE FLASH COOKIES.
b. Tracking Technologies Set By the Site. With respect to the Tracking Technologies set by the Site, you have a number of options:
You can prevent the use of certain Tracking Technologies (other than Flash cookies) by using the controls in your Web browser. To do so, you must:
Delete existing Tracking Technologies through the "Internet Options" sub-option of the "Tools" menu option of your browser or otherwise as directed by your browser's support feature; and
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information.
a. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information. Viacom does not sell, rent, lease, disclose or otherwise share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties' marketing purposes.
b. Sharing and Disclosure of Other Information. Viacom may sell, rent, lease, disclose or otherwise share Other Information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties.
c. Disclosure of Certain Information in Postings Intended to Be Disclosed. Certain Personal Information associated with a Posting may be intended for disclosure ("Posting Information"), such as username. We will disclose Posting Information in connection with the display of, and other services relating to, such Posting.
d. Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site's services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as "operational service providers". We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we disclose your Information to operational service providers for the purpose of providing services to us.
When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process) or if requested by a governmental agency or other authority as part of an investigation;
In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination or corporate change involving us or our Affiliates.
6. Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Certain Information.
To delete all records of your Personal Information from the Site, please send an email to the Privacy Administrator by clicking here, and sending a communication to Viacom through the "Contact" Page with the subject of "Privacy".
If the burden or expense of providing access to your Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such Information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.
7. Protection of Information.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Information. However, regardless of our efforts and the Device you use to access the Site, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or otherwise access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our Operational Service Providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
Phishing. Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers' personal identity data and financial account credentials. "Phishers" use 'spoofed' e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site's Privacy Administrator by clicking here, and sending a communication to Viacom through the "Contact" Page with the subject of "Privacy", and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your password, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not Viacom, are solely responsible and liable for the activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site under your password (whether used by you or any others who use your password), unless and until you notify us that your password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user's account or any services, features or functions.